Larson, House Democrats Reinforce Need for COVID Relief, Pass Heroes Act
Washington, D.C. – Today, Rep. John B. Larson (CT-01) voted for the updated Heroes Act to provide more COVID relief to Americans. Larson released a statement in support of the bill earlier in the week.
“Today House Democrats reinforced our commitment to provide more COVID relief to Americans as soon as possible. Families, workers, small businesses, and our state and local governments can’t wait any longer. We cannot let the American people down,” said Larson.
The updated Heroes Act includes:
- An estimated nearly $7 billion for the State of Connecticut, and Connecticut schools and municipalities.
- A second round of Economic Impact Payments to Americans.
- Weekly $600 federal unemployment payments through next January.
- Bolstered housing assistance to help Americans pay their rents and mortgages.
- Support for small businesses and workers through an improved Paycheck Protection Program and Employee Retention Tax Credit.
- Targeted relief for the live entertainment and restaurant industries.
- Additional funding for nutrition programs, including a 15 percent increase to the maximum SNAP benefit.
- $75 billion for COVID testing.
- $3.6 billion for Election Assistance Grants and $15 billion for the United States Postal Service