Constituent Services Newsletter
One of my most important responsibilities as a Member of Congress is helping constituents navigate the federal bureaucracy. My Hartford office has caseworkers ready to help with matters involving federal agencies. We can get answers to your questions and try to resolve issues for you. My staff handles hundreds of cases each year. Since the beginning of 2017 they have completed more than 750 cases, including Social Security, Veterans, and Immigration cases.
Here are some recent examples of how my office was able to provide assistance:
- A Veteran from Hartford contacted my office for help obtaining his medals from his service in Vietnam. After contacting the Army and the National Personnel Records Center, we secured his medals.
- A woman from Manchester with a disability needed help navigating the Social Security Disability process. My office contacted the Social Security Administration on her behalf. She was eventually awarded disability and is now in a better financial state.
- A woman from Harford filed for her Employment Authorization Document and was scheduled to start a new job. Her contract was put in jeopardy because there was a backlog within the United State Citizenship and Immigration Services. My office helped her obtain the necessary documentation to allow her to start her new job.
- A Veteran from South Windsor with a hardship had an appeal pending for an increase in his service-connected disability rating. My office was able to get his appeal expedited after explaining to the Hartford Regional office how his disability was negatively impacting his life.
- A small business owner in Hartford reached out to my office because Customs and Border Protection (CBP) put a hold on an import. My staff reached out to CBP to get the proper guidance needed for the business owner to gain clearance.
These are just a few ways in which my office can help. If you’re having an issue with a federal agency please call my Hartford Office at 860-278-8888 or send me an email here to see if we can assist.
John B. Larson