|Congressman Larson participates in the opening of a new Community Health Center in Windsor|
The historic health care legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama offers the American people the choice of affordable quality health care coverage for the first time. The Affordable Care Act is giving Americans more security by holding insurance companies accountable, and helping more families get the peace of mind of affordable health insurance.
Reforming health care is a crucial part of our economic recovery. It reduces costs, improves coverage and stops insurance company abuses. The Affordable Care Act cuts long-term health care costs, reduces the deficit by $1.3 trillion over the first 20 years, and creates millions of jobs. The legislation passed by House Democrats will cover 94% of Americans and offer stability, lower costs, higher quality, and a greater choice of plans for all Americans.
In fact, health care reform is already benefiting millions of Americans:
- 71 million Americans in private plans are now receiving free preventive services
- 34 million seniors in Medicare are now receiving free preventive services
- 6.1 million seniors have already saved over $5.7 billion on their prescription drugs
- The law has already helped 3.1 million young people gain coverage under their parents’ plans who otherwise would be uninsured
- Larson: "We Are in the Throes of an Epidemic"
- Larson Recognizes Malta House for Leading the Fight on Breast Cancer
- Larson on Passage of SGR Fix
- Larson on 56th Attempt by House GOP to Repeal or Undermine the Affordable Care Act
- Larson Votes Against Measure That Would Leave 500,000 Americans Without Health Insurance Coverage